Sunday, January 8, 2017

A Day for Daisies - Bewildered

I love so many of the images in the Beauties collection in the A Day For Daisies Shop.  The hair and eyes are two things that appealed to me about this one, called Bewildered C.  She's been sitting partially colored on my desk for a couple of weeks because I was hesitant to tackle that head of hair!  Luckily, I wandered over to the Splitcoast Stampers site and this week's inspiration challenge helped get me unstuck.  This dress from a Tumblr site called, I Don't Wear Dresses was a perfect muse.  The top portion of the dress with all of the folds and movement made me think of her hair and then the rest fell into place!  IRL, the browns in her hair are toned a little closer to the dress and not so red-brown.  I stayed with the E20 family, along with E49 and 57 for my deeper colors.  I wanted to stay true to the photo, so I didn't add a sentiment on the outside of the card.  All of that is on the inside.

I fussy cut the image and placed her over an oval that was stamped with my trusty French Script background stamp from SU.  The edges are distressed with Soft Suede ink and three enamel dots to finish her off.  The brown embossed panel behind her head was calling to be used in my scrap drawer!

Challenges Entered:
Crafting When We Can #135 /- AG
Just Us Girls #375/ - Word week~new (new Copic markers)
Sweet Stampin' Challenge 1/7/ - New (Copic markers)
Come and Get It 1/8/ - Something New (Copic markers)
Paper Players #326/ - Recycled something (textured panel behind image)





5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful image and a great way to recycle as well! Thanks for playing with our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful. Thanks for sharing something new with us at Come And Get It, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you have used your Copics beautifully! Super job! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These Classy colors are gorgeous!! Well Done! Thanks for playing with us at Crafting When We Can!
    Carolyn, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy