Saturday, August 9, 2014

Sketch Saturday - Sketch # 322

Saturday means a new sketch for this week's Sketch Saturday Challenge.  Simon Says Stamp is the sponsor and Deb's the designer.   A great sketch and the combination of paper and image led to a fun card to compose.  I've found that having the right paper makes all of the different in the world when creating a card.  At least that's what I keep telling myself to justify buying paper when I have stacks of 12x12 and 6x6 pads at home!  I saw a sign that read, "I'm one sheet of designer paper away from being considered a hoarder."

















I've been a fan of Lil' Inker Designs lately and have gotten such good used of their stitched dies.  The last time I made a purchase, I took a closer look at their stamps and was drawn to the set I've used called, Snarky Lady.  I loved the prim and proper looking woman and the "snarky" sentiments such as You had me at Merlot,  Happy Birthday! Remind me how old you are pretending to be? and My dreams of being thin are often interrupted by the sounds of my own chewing.  I hope there is another set coming in the future!

Challenges Entered:
Inky Chicks #35 - Photo inspiration ( the skin and the bg paper)
Crafting by Designs - Vintage/Shabby Chic

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Cathy. Sweet image too which you've coloured beautifully
    Anne x
    Craftyanny’s Koolkardz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the button you've used

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done! Your design and papers are very classy and perfect for that image. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Cathy, love the vintage image. Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very striking card, Cathy. So many great details, like the thin black border of the focal image which makes it pop, the floss or twine, the lace (I think), and the great dsp! Love those "snarky" sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely sophisticated look to this card combined with a fun sentiment. Lovely colouring and great paper colour choices too. I don't get round often enough to visit my fellow Saturdays and I have very much enjoyed my brief visit today! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy