Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Crafty Sentiments - CAS Challenge

Oh, if only the creators of this week's theme for Team B knew how challenged I am when it comes to CAS!  A fan of a well-made CAS card, I appreciate the special talent and eye for detail it takes to create one.  However, as someone who is not precise, I rely on adding extra things to distract the eye from noticing design flaws or uneven stamping or cuts of paper!  So here's my offering, using this sweet-faced CSD image called Day Dreaming.

In looking at the picture as I type this, I want to go back and add something to the card!  Maybe a trio of rhinestones. . . I almost used a die cut sun, but it didn't seem relevant.  Is it the rule of threes?  The placement of the image? My critical eye says it's okay, but its design is not one of those beauties I instantly know is a perfect CAS.  I welcome your feedback, especially if you are a CAS gal and can help me articulate what works and what doesn't.

I'm sending the card off to my 5 year old grandson who lives in Colorado.  He'll be thrilled to get something in the mail!  He's a little packrat and has a special spot where he saves all of the cards I make for him!!  Now that's love!

Stop by the Crafty Sentiments Challenge Blog this week.  Play along!  I can't wait to spend time in the gallery looking at your CAS creations.

Challenges Entered:
Cute Card Thursday #325 - Macho
Creative Fingers #39 - AG






5 comments:

  1. Your little guy will definitely be saving this sweet card! The coloring is fabulous and I love your CAS design. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't need a thing, Cathy! It's very sweet and he will love it! That's so sweet that he saves them all in a special place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute and I love how the image pops against the background.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great CAS card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Creative Fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You met and over came the CAS challenge - this is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy