Saturday, September 21, 2013

Sketch Saturday - Sketch #277

This week's Sketch Saturday card features another sweet Lili of the Valley fairy from my black and white sketch pad purchase.  A new 6 x 6 pad of My Mind's Eye papers from Michaels provided my color palette.  I wanted to bring a pop of color into the card, so I chose coral and colored her hair garland and brought the color into the wand and a strip of paper on the diagonal line of the sketch.













Here's a close up of this Dandelion Fairy.  I used Perfect Pearls for the flower centers and Stickles on the wings.  Surprisingly, the photo caught the shimmer of the Stickles.  I wasn't sure about the diagonal paper strip.  It's got many of the other colors in the papers.  Overall, I think the coral works - don't you?

Bunny Zoe Crafts is our sponsor this week.  I hope you will play along with this fun sketch!  
Challenges entered:
Make it Monday:  Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown - Things with Wings
Party Time Tuesday #138 - Color Challenge
Simon Says Stamp - STAMPtender Challenge - using Stickles and Perfect Pearls from SSS
Divas by Design - anything goes
Cute Card Thursday - anything with a fairy
Designed to Color - anything goes
MarkerPOP! - anything goes
Desert Island Crafts - itinerary: #1, 3, 4, 5, 6





16 comments:

  1. She is super cute Cathy, love that her wings extend outside the box. Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks almost as cute here as it does sitting on my desk, Cathy!! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this is really sweet! what an adorable image and your colouring is beautiful… I love the touches of coral… the papers and layout are fab! :-)
    Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week!
    Hope you have a lovely weekend!
    Hugs Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this image too, it's so sweet! Love how you've coloured her and the papers you have used, lovely card! Spotted it on MIM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super sweet card with a precious image! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this one!!! Everything is just perfect- the colors, the coloring and that pop of red!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card! Beautiful coloring and love the papers. Thank you for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays. Hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a DARLING card! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog to say hello. I really enjoyed playing along at Sister Act this week and hope to have time to link another card. Thanks for your kind words. I see that you live in Minnesota. Did you make it to the October Afternoon Warehouse Sale this weekend? It is AMAZING (if you're a fan of October Afternoon like I am).
    Your cards are really sweet and I enjoyed browsing.
    God bless!
    Karen
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, this is a wonderful card. Your image is colored beautifully, and the DPs are a nice compliment. Lovely work. Thank you for sharing with us this week at Flutter By Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, gorgeous image and lovely layout. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Make It Monday this week.
    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really, really pretty Cathy! I love the colours and the sweet image! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely image, fabulous coloring thanks for sharing at PTT.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Cathy, love the sweet image and fabulous colouring, love the design and papers...fabulous card.
    Thanks for joining in with us at Flutter By Wednesday..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have created a really lovely card, Cathy. I love your colouring...it is superb, but sadly your entry won't be eligible for a prize with us, as our challenge theme is "A Numbered Birthday, and you have not included a 'number' on your card.

    Thank you for entering our challenge at Crafty Little Fairies. We would love you to join us again in future challenges.

    Hugs,
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how your colored your fairy, she is beautiful! Lovely papers and design for her. Thank you for joining us at Diva's by Design! Hugs, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  16. The little girl is so cute. Love the sparkly details and colors. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown. Hope to see you next week!

    Kim
    www.lilypatchstamps.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy