Sunday, September 29, 2013

Color Me Creative - Fall Colors Challenge

"Fall Colors" is the theme for the latest Color Me Creative challenge.  It's apple orchard time around here and the orchards are full of my favorite ripe, juicy apples.  It motivates me to make apple rhubarb crisps and homemade vanilla ice cream . . . yum!

I decided to stay in the deep reds, rust, orange and brown colors for my card.  I've been using digis an awfully lot lately, but for this card I pulled out an old red rubber stamp!  It's from my collection of Karen Lockhart stamps.  The photo doesn't really pick up some of the variation on my apples.  Up along the stem, you can see a hint of YG03 under the red.  The reds are R20, 24, 27 & 59 in the shadows.  I pulled out my white gel pen to add some highlights.

Just a few more days until the OWH Blog Hop.  I'll be waiting for you to hop on back!

Challenges Entered:
Paper Playtime - apples
Cute Card Thursday - ribbon
A.R.T. Card Challenge - anything goes
Friday Mashup - colors and fruit
Crazy 4 Challenges - use a bow
Marker POP! - fall theme
Oozak Blog - fall

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I love the gel pen highlights - the perfect touch. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bowl of apples and the embossed background is a great accent!

    Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy