Friday, April 12, 2013

Sister Act Card Challenge #2 - Doodle Garden

Superhero Stanley - The Doodle Garden digi image
This week's sponsor over at the Sister Act Card Challenge blog is a wonderful company called The Doodle Garden.   I am in love with Jennifer Nilsson's images.  This little guy is a digi image called Superhero Stanley.   I have discovered a new benefit about digi images - you can make them as large or as small as you want.  Originally I thought this one was too big and planned to use him to practice coloring, but when I got out my alphabet die - he was the perfect size!  The blue polka dot background is actually a card set I bought years ago in the dollar bin at Michael's and haven't touched.  It's bold and the perfect backdrop for this super-sized superhero!  The three red dots are glitter dots and the red polka dot flags are washi tape.

See the "e" on my superhero's chest?  That's for my favorite superhero . . . my grandson Ellis!  He just had his 4th birthday and is crazy about his collection of superhero t-shirts! (The digi image has a star on his chest which I colored right over.)

Copics used:
Skin - E 000, 00, 11, R20
Hair - Y11, Y21, E55, E13
Cape - R20, 24, 29 with a touch of 59
Superhero onesie - *B24, 34, 37 and a touch of 39

*I needed to use some blending with the blues because my colors were too much of a jump, so I put the B37 on a CD cover and picked it up with the B34.  I did the same thing with the B34 and the B24.

This is printed on Georgia Pacific cardstock (from Walmart), so I had to color quickly and work from the darkest colors to the light colors.

There are more fun Doodle Garden images from the DT members.  I hope you'll take a look, and then play along with us this week.

This card uses lots of sticky stuff including washi tape, pop dots and glitter dots, so I entering him in the Use It Tuesday challenge.
The Digital Tuesday Challenge theme is "boys"; Great Impressions Monthly Challenge for April is "polka dots or pastels" so I linked him up in their challenges as well.
He's also going in Bugaboo Stamps Blog  and Through the Craftroom Door "Anything Goes" challenge this week.

12 comments:

  1. SUPER ADORABLE! You were not kidding about how cute this little super dude is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! I love those bold primary colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! He is precious! I love the bold use of color !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! LOVE him! I have an Ethan and he would totally love this, too! GREAT card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea for the "e" on the shirt! Also like how you used your washi tape, I really need to use more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this little fella too! You coloured him fantastic and designed the card perfectly around him. Thanks for sharing with us at TTCRD.
    :)S

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fun little boy card card-great image and coloring-love how you altered the original card-thanks for sharing it with us at the Great Impressions Stamps April polka dots/pastels challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, so, so CUTE! The superhero is just perfect! I have an "e" (Evan) who would love to receive this card. Awesome job!

    Thanks for joining us this month at Great Impressions Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy