Friday, April 5, 2013

Debut of the Sister Act Card Challenge!

I am so excited - the day has finally arrived!  The Sister Act Card Challenge Blog is off and running!  You'll find an "anything goes" challenge each week, and Jennifer and Trish have already lined up sponsors for weekly prizes.  The Design Team is a great group of truly talented gals.  I am excited to see what they bring us each week.

Mia - digi image from Crafty Sentiments
This week's challenge sponsor is a UK company called Crafty Sentiments Designs.  They have a variety of images in both unmounted rubber stamps and digital images.  The DT used digital images.

I chose this sweet little girl.  I haven't worked with digital images before and wondered how my inkjet printer would work with my Copics.  As you can see, there was no problem!  I did heat set the ink before I started coloring.

This was the biggest head of hair I have colored, so it took some practice to get the movement and the shading.  Since I decided I was going to have her wear a raincoat, I got out my MFT die and gave her an umbrella.  The umbrella and the sentiment are mounted with pop dots.  I love the red and yellow together.  It's such a cheery combination.

Copics used:
Hair -  E33, 35, 37, 49
Skin - E11, 000, 00, R20
Coat and boots - Y13, 15, 19, 26 & a touch of 28
Leggings - R20, 24, 29 & BG000, 01, 05
W0, 01 & 03 for shading

Thanks for looking.   I hope you will stop by the other DT member blogs to see their creations . . .

This card is also going to be entered in this week's Friday Mash Up Challenge.

11 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! The yellow and red color scheme is so nice and cheery! You did a great job coloring in her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is just too sweet and adorable!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shading - fun bright colors make me ready for spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful card! I LOVE your fussy cut umbrella and great colors. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the paper choices! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super Cute!!! Awesome coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet card, great job on the coloring.

    Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful coloring! Fun little image and layout. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cutie! Love it!
    Hugs Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your image and coloring are great! Such a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy