Sunday, February 17, 2013

White on White


embossing folder - SU!
There is something beautiful about an all-white card.  I think it's the classic CAS type of card and one where design plays the central focus.

I tried a few versions of this card using a different embossing folder, and then this tulip one but where it framed the whole card - both were okay, but nothing special.  I liked the simplicity of the tulip border with the tree.  I tried it again and left space at the bottom for the sentiment which is popped up with dimensionals.  I love how this turned out.  Now I just have to work on photographing all white cards!

This card is for this week's Featured Stamper challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers, and Simon Says Stamps weekly challenge.

Supplies:
 embossing folder - Stampin Up!
 tree die cut - Memory Box
 sentiment - PTI

2 comments:

  1. Perfect sympathy card. So serene and pretty. Thanks for playing along with the White on White Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely, Cathy. Coincidentally, I recently made a white on white sympathy card that I was so pleased with I thought, I have to bring this to show Cathy! So, now I definitely need to bring it for "show and tell"!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy