Sunday, January 27, 2013

Welcome back - Week 2!

First off, I would like to thank everyone who has stopped by to visit my blog, my new followers, and people who have left comments!  It's been an exciting first week as a blogger.  At present, my blog has close to 150 visits - and has four followers, two of whom are folks I don't know!  Wooo!   Even my husband is checking my blog (which is pretty cute!).  The only unhappy feedback I've had is from my "Hanging with Friends" partners - because I'm not playing as frequently!

Today's post is a card from this week's Featured Stamper Challenge on Splitcoast.  I was inspired to create a Christmas card (!) from Bonnie's angel card.

As I have mentioned, I often stamp an image more than once.  Some of the extras go into a portfolio that I use as a reference for the Copics I use when coloring, and some end up in the "circular file".   Others are stored in a box on my desk where they eagerly await the chance to be featured on a card!  That was the case for this angel.

Love Lives Here - PTI
You can see that this is another card that has no coloring, but it utilized my second love - embossing!

•The angel, wings and sentiment are heat embossed with white embossing powder.

•A Cuttlebug embossing folder was used for the white behind the angel and SU's Framed Tulips folder completed the main panel of the card, which is then mounted on white.

•The angel is stamped on SU's Pure Poppy paper.  One of the die cuts from SU's Apothecary Accents set is used to cut her out.

•I cut a slit around each arm to insert the angel wings behind her.  This step took a little fiddling around, but I love its overall effect on the card.


If you look at my Splitcoast Gallery and a couple of cards on this blog, you may notice that I have several cards where the image goes outside of the border.  More on that in my next post!

3 comments:

  1. lovely Cathy - you know I love this angel!! Some of my favorite Christmas cards were made with her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to add the wings behind and create dimenion for your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're back! Love the card. Very pretty with all the embossed panels and I like the color combo. Looking forward to the next post.
    On another note, had another little episode again and am now wearing a monitor until tomorrow afternoon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy