Monday, January 21, 2013

Blogging, Here I Come!

I have finally taken the leap and started a craft blog!  I've posted cards in a gallery on Splitcoast Stampers for years - which at this time has around 300 cards.  It's been fun to have the gallery as a record of how my cards have evolved over the past six years.   I have always had an interest in crafts and spent time focusing on sewing, cross stitching, doll making, soft sculpture, tole painting, basket weaving, and making jewelry.  I am not trained in art, and never had an art class going through school. Most of my training has been through taking classes in community education, a local craft store, or figuring it out myself.  Last summer I took a Copic Certification class in Chicago.  I have learned about design, color combinations, shading, composition and more through my work on cards.  Card making has helped me become willing to "mess around" and make something for the pleasure of creating.  Who knows what new direction this blog will take me, but I'm in for the ride.

Image - "Blossom" - a birthday card for my granddaughter Quinn's second birthday.

My first cards are from a U.K. company that is new to me - Lili of the Valley.  They are a great company to work with and their unmounted stamps are quality rubber.  Their images are sweet and fun to color.  Bev, one of their design team members had a tutorial on her blog about coloring blonde hair with Copics.  I worked to have the sun hit her head on that one spot.  In the real card, the girl's hair has less orange tones.  My big coloring challenge is keeping the light source true as I color.

Image - "All Our Dreams"
This card is for a new baby boy - what a sweet faced baby!




1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world!And starting off with a bang with such cute cards. Need to remember to stamp some of these when I come up there again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy